Here we go...

Ok finally went to the gym...ran comforatbly for 15 minutes at 8.5 kmph..which was more than I expected.

Came off the treadmill and on the way home decided to walk by the park. In the park, decided to run and man, its so much tougher. Will need to start road running from tomm as treadmill is really not a good substitue.

Off to runners need in Kings Cross now to buy a pair of good running shoes..

Went to Holborn finally and bought a pair of Nike Pegasus +25.
I was very suprised when the salesguy analysed my gait and showed me the video saying,'you have a nice neutral gait'! I always felt I pronated while running and in a funny way knowing that I have a neutral running gait is a motivator( not that its a big deal, cos pronating or suponating are also natural).

Looking forward to my run in the new shoes tomorrow. I only hope I have not bought a size too large. Will try and complete 3 miles..one mile to get a feel of the shoe, the second mile to see how far I can run without a break and the third mile to see how these shoes put up with a fatigued runner.

One more resolution- my focus is going to be on my running timings and not neccesarily on weight ( this is not a liberty for me to eat and drink like crazy!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga as a philosophy for life

butterfly effect

Yoga as a life philosophy or justifying my tattoo