pre training start day

Had a thought post run. For a long run we can pace and plan. We know the milestones, we train for it and then try and stick to the plans.
Whereas in life we start the run and figure out the milestones and our limits on the way.. not too deep I know, but may be I can think this through a bit further.



Ok my official training for the half marathon starts tomm ( its a rest day heh heh).

Went to the park today to try out my new shoes. The good news is that they seem good, my feet do not hurt and I had a nice run.

Now the bad news. 15 minutes of non stop running on the treadmill does not translate into 15 minutes of non stop running on the road!! could barely run for 3 minutes before I stopped out of exhaustion, being out of breath. I managed to finish the first mile in 10 minutes, and the next mile took me 14 minutes. I didn't run the third mile.

Well, the next big day is Tuesday - when I run 2 miles. Let me see how long I take. My aim is to finish it under 20 minutes. reason says it will take 22 to 25 minutes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yoga as a philosophy for life

butterfly effect

Yoga as a life philosophy or justifying my tattoo